November 25, 2009

Fear or Faith?

Jeremiah 29:11



“For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”


I am reminded of this scripture today and, unfortunately, I am reminded about this scripture because I have spent the majority of my day worrying. I am a worrier and I wish I were more of a warrior. I know that despite the fears that I am facing, I serve a God who is greater than any fear that may come my way.


I woke up today worried about the health of my family. The weather has been changing so much and there are so many illnesses going around that I worry we won’t stay healthy. My husband is just recovering from a pretty nasty cold and I have been praying my son and I won’t catch it. While I was preparing some desserts for our Thanksgiving feast tomorrow, I was worrying about our finances and the upcoming holiday season that is loaded with birthdays, anniversaries, and gift giving. I fret over the mess that exists in my house because I have not managed to get organized after our long getaway in south Texas. And in the midst of my worrying, I came to the realization that I have not stopped to really talk to God today. Why do I do that? Why don’t I just start every single day in conversation with God? I know that only He will give me the courage to face all things that come my way.


So, I am refreshed. I feel lighter now. I know that God will provide all that we need. His plans for us are good. He has given us a future and a hope!  Knowing this about the God I serve and who loves us, what do we really have to worry about? Now, if I could always just remember this before I start to worry, not after!

No comments:

On country-living and Starbucks...

                So we have moved and we now live in the country.   It is really beautiful out here.   Peaceful.   We moved away f...