February 19, 2013


park  autumn

For the Lord God is our sun and our shield.  
He gives us grace and glory.
The Lord will withhold no good thing
from those who do what is right.
Psalm 84:11

I read this today as my son and I had our devotionals.  My son's bible (NIrV) said it a little different...

The Lord God is like the sun that gives us light.
He is like a sheild that keeps us safe.
The Lord blesses us with favor and honor.
He doesn't hold back anything good
from those whose lives are without blame.

Either way it is written, these promises are true.  He IS our light, our protector, and giver of good gifts...but I have to do my part.   I have to stay true to His Word.  I have to strive to keep his commandments and follow His lead, His path.  Will I fail, do I fail?  Yes, daily I fail.  But I believe that the Lord looks at the heart.  God knows that my heart wants to please Him and desperately wants to follow His lead each and every day, but He knows that I am but dust (Psalm 103:14), He knows I will sometimes fail, but His grace is sufficient and His promises remain true.  He is still my protector, my shield, my light, and wants to give me good gifts even when I fail.  

I love that we have a God who cares and wants to pour His favor out upon us.  I choose today to believe that even in my weakness and even when I fall short, He will still bless me.  I choose to believe it because I have seen it. God loves His children and He does indeed bless them...abundantly. 

 

No comments:

On country-living and Starbucks...

                So we have moved and we now live in the country.   It is really beautiful out here.   Peaceful.   We moved away f...