June 12, 2012

God Smiled at Me Today

Today, I received a gift.  It was from God.  I know that it was from God because He is so good to me...even when I don't deserve it.  He is so good to us all, and not one of us deserves it.  But He hears our heart's prayers and He cares.  Even for the smallest of prayers. 

Today was supposed to be a stormy day and instead I found myself outside with my kids at 3 IN THE AFTERNOON! enjoying the shade from the cloudy skies that threatened rain, but never did pour.  I took the kids out to get some fresh air before we would have to spend the rest of the day stuck indoors listening to crashing thunder and lightning. But as we watched the skies, the rain just seemed to be waiting...waiting for us to finish enjoying God's beautiful handiwork.  And we did enjoy it!  I sat and watched my children build sand castles in a sand box, dig into the earth in search of earth worms, and spray each other with water until their clothes were sandy and soaked.  And I knew.  I knew that today God smiled at me and in His loving mercy and grace gave me a mid-June afternoon that was refreshing to my soul.  


Thank you Lord for gifts like today; moments in our day or week where we can stop and soak in the beauty of this earth and feel the warmth of Your smile as You watch and listen and care.

No comments:

On country-living and Starbucks...

                So we have moved and we now live in the country.   It is really beautiful out here.   Peaceful.   We moved away f...